Digital/Broadcast Assignment Editor
Posted on 2017-11-09
By KGMB - KHNL - KFVE Hawaii News Now
Hawaii News Now (CBS and NBC affiliated television stations), the dominant news organization and premier multimedia company in Honolulu, Hawaii has an immediate opening for a full-time, multi-platform Assignment Editor. The successful candidate must be a team leader with a digital first mentality, motivated to break stories and win both on-air and online! Our next assignment editor must have strong people skills, able to manage multiple crews in stressful situations, and able to respond quickly in a fast-paced environment. The assignment editor must be proficient in social media, confident, and have strong editorial judgement.
- Maintain contact with various police, business, and government agencies.
- Must be proficient in social media.
- Answer phones, dispatch crews, listen to scanners, follow social media to develop stories for use on-air and online.
- Manage daybook/planner-inputting information on upcoming events with background and contact information.
- Communicate information on news updates, breaking news to the digital staff.
- Manage logistics of assigning crews, vehicles and/or live gear.
- Coordinate and fulfill requests from other affiliates, as well as CBS/NBC networks.
- Write breaking news updates for web and social media digital content.
- Ability to work varying shifts, including nights and weekends.
- Strong news judgment, ethics and knowledge of Hawaii are a must.
- Familiarity with use of social media as news gathering tools.
- Excellent writing, grammar and copy-editing skills.
- Bachelors degree in Journalism or equivalent preferred.
- Previous experience in a newsroom preferred.
HOW TO APPLY:
Hawaii News Now was selected as one of Hawaiis Best Places to Work for the third year in a row by its employees and Hawaii Business Magazine (2015-2017). We offer a generous compensation and benefits package, commensurate with experience.
Please apply online (Raycom Media Careers) andattach your cover letter, resume, and links to your work. Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer