Posted on 2017-12-19
By WOWK/WBOY/WVNS/WTRF Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc.
The News Director leads and supervises all aspects of news, including broadcast and digital, weather and sports programming.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Manages all aspects of the News Department (other than Production.)
• Plans and manages staffing, training, and performance evaluations for the News Department.
• Makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion and termination of employees.
• Develops news coverage strategy for the station and its website.
• Critiques newscasts on a daily basis to correct errors, improve coverage and provide mentoring feedback to news staff.
• Assigns projects to staff and verifies that deadlines are being met.
• Ensures achievement of viewer rating goals.
• Determines programming and evaluation of equipment needs to produce quality programming.
• Responds to coverage questions.
• Works with other senior station leaders to establish and reach station goals.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
HOW TO APPLY:
You must apply online to be considered for this position. Please go to:
www.nexstar.tv to access all career opportunities for WOWK-TV and Nexstar Media Group, Inc.
WOWK-TV is an equal opportunity employer.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer