Posted on 2018-01-11
By KOBI-TV NBC 5/KOTI-TV NBC 2
KOBI-TV NBC5 in the beautiful Rogue Valley is looking for an Associate Producer to join our NBC5 News at Sunrise team. The ideal candidate loves breaking news, constantly improves newscasts and is flexible right up to and through the newscast. They will have a strong background in writing and storytelling, and an interest in digital videography and editing. News experience is not required but preferred, and proficiency with a newsroom computer system and social media experience are a plus.
Our benefits package includes: Medical, dental, 401K retirement plan, health care spending account, life insurance, short term disability, paid sick leave, paid vacations, and paid holidays. This position works 30 hours per week, Monday – Friday, 2am – 8am.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Researching and writing original reports;
· Editing video for morning newscasts;
· Bringing in remote feeds from bureaus and other sources; and,
· Completing other duties as required.
We would prefer that qualified candidates have:
· College degree and/or equivalent experience;
· Strong writing, editing, and organizational skills;
· The ability to handle several assignments simultaneously under deadline pressure; and,
· The ability to work well with the news team.
An insurable driving record and pre-employment drug screen are pre-employment requirements.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your cover letter and resume in Word or PDF format via email or to the physical address below:
Craig Smullin, News Director
125 South Fir Street
Medford, OR 97501
To be considered for this position, you must also include the following:
1. The subject line of your email must include the job title listed above.
2. The body of your email must include verbiage that includes the title of the job posting.
3. Send resume in Word or PDF format only.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer