Lifestyle Executive Producer
Posted on 2018-04-16
By KTVX/KUCW Nexstar
Salt Lake City, UT
POSITION TITLE: Lifestyle Executive Producer
News4Utah seeks a creative leader for its top-rated weekday morning lifestyle talk show, Good Things Utah. The Executive Producer assists the News Director in leading the entire Good Things Utah team with specific focus given to growing the skills of the producing team, improving the overall production quality and showcasing of content and execution for the show. Successful candidates must have excellent time-management and organization skills. Good written and oral communication skills are also necessary to maintain an efficient, effective production.
Executive Producers must be a positive leader, able to coordinate projects and assignment between multiple departments (News, Sales, Programming, Creative Services) and be able to make quick and sound editorial decisions including:
· Deciding which segments, guests and stories are of most interest to our audience, both broadcast and digital consumers.
· Prioritize quest segments, stories and show development efforts.
· Determine and supervise the order in which segments and guests will be told and scheduled in broadcasts.
· Coach producers, hosts, contributors and interns with writing compelling broadcast and digital content focused for our audience.
· Ability to quickly adjust show segments and guests to accommodate breaking news or developing news relevant to our audience.
· Communicate best practices effectively and professionally with the show’s team.
· Assist in the supervision of station’s digital content pages.
· Write and coach how to write compelling teases to bring viewers to our broadcasts.
· Time broadcasts and insure they are clean and correct on the air.
· Edits video for broadcast as well as online use when needed.
Requirements and Skills:
· Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, communications, or related field of equivalent combination of education and work experience.
· At least two years of experience producing broadcast news.
· Fluency in English with strong spelling and grammar.
· An understanding of and willingness to grow Human Resources best practices.
· Excellent communication skills (oral and written) with both coworkers and the public.
· Proficiency with computers, tablets and mobile digital devices.
· Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Flexibility to work and shift, with some late notice of shift and schedule changes.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
· Must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, work outdoors occasionally in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
· Must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and can handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply for job at: https://nexstar.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll
Nexstar is an equal opportunity employer. No phone calls please. We are not able to acknowledge receipts of applications, but we will contact you if your application is chosen.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer