We’re looking for someone with…
Other qualifications that would be useful:
- Minimum of two (2) years at a broadcast/studio production facility or equivalent
- Experience building and maintaining production audio systems
- Strong understanding of analog and digital audio
- Experience administrating broadcast automation systems
- Basic IP network technology skills
- Experience troubleshooting audio transport systems, including Audio over IP/Ethernet, AES digital audio, analog audio, Studio to Transmitter Links, IP Audio Codecs, etc.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain current technology to non-technical staff
- Accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated strengths in initiative taking and teamwork
- Must live or be able to travel to the NHPR facility within 45 minutes for on-call or emergency needs
- Ability to bend, crouch, stoop, climb and lift up to 30 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally
- A valid driver’s license and satisfactory motor vehicle record
- BS degree in a related field and two (2) years of broadcast/studio engineering experience, or AS degree in a related field and five (5) years broadcast/studio engineering experience preferred
- Experience editing and producing quality audio content
- Expert at Digital Audio Workstation systems
- Excellent knowledge of audio routing systems
- Experience building and maintaining HD Radio technology
- SBE certification preferred
- CCNA or Network+ certification preferred
…but we know there are great candidates who may not have all these qualities or who have important skills we haven’t thought of. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.
This is a full time exempt position and the salary range for this role is $53,100 to $63,699 annually.
NHPR offers a generous benefits package that includes health and dental insurance; company-paid short and long term disability; flexible spending accounts; 403(b) savings plan with a company match and a free on-site fitness center. Employees are entitled to three weeks of vacation time and twelve paid holidays, as well as paid sick and parental leave.
The health and safety of our employees, their families and the community at large is a high priority for NHPR. Proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required for employment. Individuals must be fully up-to-date with their vaccinations no later than their start date. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons or sincerely-held religious beliefs, we will consider requests for reasonable accommodation where we are able to provide such accommodations without undue hardship pursuant to applicable law.
*Per the CDC: A person is up to date with their COVID-19 vaccination if they have received all recommended doses in the primary series and one booster when eligible.