KTUU-TV Part Time Executive Assistant
Posted on 2012-11-27
By Alaska Broadcasters Association Alaska Broadcasters Association
Working 30-32 hours/wk, this part-time Executive Assistant position is responsible for serving as a coordinator for the General Manager, News Director, and Human Resources Business Partner in order to provide support in all clerical and administrative functions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Serve as liaison between the General Manager and department managers and station staff with in-depth knowledge of company`s practices.
- Communicate with clients, viewers, and top management of local and national firms, and civic & professional organizations.
- Administer and coordinate general and confidential projects.
- Assist in maintaining corporate relations with Schurz Communications, Inc.
- Compose and prepare correspondence for General Manager.
- Coordinate the General Manager`s schedule and contacts with station departments, staff, outside organizations & individuals.
- Plan and coordinate company functions.
- Responsible for TimeSaver timecard system entry and management.
- Act as liaison with the H. R. Business Partner in all administrative elements involving timecards and employee relations.
- Responsible for assisting the News Director with staff scheduling, travel arrangements, and preparing information for the station`s FCC report.
- Perform other incidental and related duties as required and assigned by the General Manager, News Director, and H.R. Business Partner. •Assist with other projects as required and assigned.
Job Requirements of Education, Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- High School diploma is required, college degree if preferred.
- Minimum 4 years related secretarial experience, or 2 years secretarial experience plus 1 year business, technical, or college hours related to office administration/secretarial duties required.
- Computer proficiency with all Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to effectively operate standard office equipment.
- Excellent communication & writing skills.
- Ability to show attention to detail and multi-task.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, yet committed to a team environment.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Must represent Northern Lights Media/KTUU with professionalism and integrity.
- Must hold a valid Alaska driver license and be insurable.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send cover letter, resume, and job application (found on web site) to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Northern Lights Media, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer! Offers of employment are contingent upon a pre-employment background check.