Station Manager - College of DuPage
Posted on 2013-06-17
By CareerPage CareerPage
When you work at College of DuPage, you can provide direction for students' lives as you direct your own successful career. We strive every day to find new and better ways to prepare students to meet every challenge. As the second largest higher education institution in Illinois and the fifth largest single-campus community college in the nation, you can develop the career you've always wanted.
The Station Manager is responsible to the Vice President of Marketing and Communications for the management and operation of WDCB-FM. Responsible for planning, organizing, managing, budgeting, and supervising the facilities, equipment, finances, and personnel of the radio station, and their relationships to all areas of the College. Specific responsibilities include maintaining the station's FCC license; developing and implementing strategies to expand the enterprise funding of the station; maintaining existing non-college revenue streams; coordinating and overseeing the business and marketing functions of the department; oversee all FCC/CPB/IPBC compliance; coordinate facilities usage; coordinate and direct the marketing of the station; conceptualize and develop station special events and funding programs; oversee the engineering functions of WDCB; and oversee station programming.
- Develop and implement strategic short and long range programs for financial support of WDCB Radio and related services. This includes working with Federal, State and local funding agencies, enterprise services clients, private and corporate funding sources.
- Oversee and coordinate the programming, marketing, and engineering functions of the station.
- Provide leadership role in all station activities, both internal and external.
- Conceive and assign initiatives necessary to achieve station strategic goals and objectives.
- Hire and terminate direct reports as well as approve all staff hires and terminations.
- Oversee and review all budget requirements assuring appropriate, effective financial performance of station. Manage funds for best possible returns.
- Prepare and submit reports required for CPB (Federal), IPBC (State), FCC (Federal), PBCI (State).
- Prepare an annual strategic plan, analyzing strengths and weaknesses, threats and opportunities, and then establish objectives, goals, and action plans.
- Develop and manage effective internal and external relationships with whom work is coordinated and or interfaced.
- Develop and maintain statements of necessary station policies and procedures to assure proper documentation and communication of controls.
- Develop all projects necessary to achieve strategic objectives. Assign and monitor necessary action plans to achieve strategic goals.
- Direct all financial, programming, engineering, marketing/promotion, and operational activities of the station.
- Prepare the annual budget.
- Represent the station and the College at State and Federal levels through the appropriate organizations. Participate in and represent the station and the College at local organizations such as Chambers of Commerce.
Required: Bachelor's degree in Communications and/or Business.
Required: Five (5) years of radio management with demonstrated fund-raising and business competence.
Preferred: Ten (10) years of radio management experience with demonstration of increasing responsibility and fund raising expertise.
HOW TO APPLY:
The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. College of DuPage is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of its faculty.
To apply, please visit our website at: