Part Time - KMEZ-FM/KKND-FM - Board Op/Announcer - New Orleans
Posted on 2013-08-02
By Citadel Broadcasting Citadel Broadcasting
New Orleans, LA
Scope Executes and produces the format on the air through performing and interacting with audience and clients in studio and/or remote broadcasts to ensure station’s ratings success. Candidate must have a minimum of 1 year on-air experience, knowledge of Scott Studios, Voxpro, and other editing software a plus. Must also be able to work callers into on-air presentation while keeping the music flowing.
- Entertains and informs listener audience
- Evaluates content of music, monitors listener feedback and recommends appropriate repositioning
- Keeps traffic logs
- Announces station identification
- Assists in special promotions and programming activities
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations
- Computer literacy in applicable programs
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Public speaking skill and ability to interact with listeners and clients in a public setting
- Problem-solving ability and skill in prioritizing
- Ability to interact with management and staff at all levels
- Ability to multi-task and handle pressures and deadlines
- Skill in operation of control board, remote broadcasting and other related production equipment
- High School diploma
- Must possess valid state drivers license
- May occasionally require lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Able to sit for extended periods of time
HOW TO APPLY:
For immediate consideration, please send all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and, in the subject line, reference the market, job title, your name, AND where you heard or saw the job listing. (ex. PT WKDF Programming – Joe Smith – La. Assoc of Broadcasters)
Please no phone calls or emails than noted above. Candidates with disabilities and who need assistance in the application process may write to Cumulus Broadcasting Attn: Human Resources-Programming, 201 St. Charles Ave. Suite 201 New Orleans, La. 70170
Applicants will be accepted from 8/01/13-9/01/13
This job description may be modified at any time as deemed appropriate by management or consistent with the essence of the job.
Cumulus is an Equal Opportunity Employer.