Posted on 2016-03-04
By WFXT Fox25 Cox Media Group
We are looking for an outgoing self-starter, to work in our traffic department at WFXT. We are looking for someone who has the ability to work effectively with all the departments at our television station and be flexible in an ever changing environment. The ideal candidate has great attention to detail, knows how to build successful relationships; can take direction as well as work independently.
- Assigns house numbers to all new or revised spots received from a variety of delivery methods to be placed on a dub list.
- Prints and date-stamps all traffic instructions received via email, fax or form submission.
- Communicates with master control, sales, promotions and production departments in reference to information on commercial spots.
- Preempts all spots from an active log that do not have traffic instructions by deadline.
- Sends confirmation requests via fax or email.
- Maintains copy filing system and purges expired copy instructions as needed.
- Must have working knowledge of digital delivery systems. Maintains digital spot file(s).
- Applies scripts for co-op advertisers prior to invoicing.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university preferred but will also consider experience; at least 2-4 years in radio or television.
- WideOrbit experience preferred.
- Must be detail oriented with good organizational skills.
- Must be able to work under pressure and multi-task.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively with groups of customers or employees of the organization
- Excellent computer skills—full command of Microsoft Office
- Ability to prioritize and multi task many projects at one time
- Must be flexible and able to adjust to the changing demands of our environment
- Very organized and excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication ability in person and on the telephone
- Ability to work well with all levels of the organization
HOW TO APPLY:
View posting and submit resume to: