Posted on 2017-12-28
By CareerPage CareerPage
KOAT-TV has an opening for an experienced Technical Director/Master Control Operator for our station’s live fast-paced newscasts and Master Control Operations. The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of broadcast operations and production activities. The TD/MCO will work together with directors and producers in planning newscasts and pre-production activities.
- The position is responsible for the visual direction of newscasts
- Successful candidate will provide creative input and will work closely with the newscast producer and production crew
- Employee will be responsible for clean technical execution of the overall look of the newscast
- Newscast execution with Sony Switcher, ENPS, VIS RT Graphics and Bitcentral video
- Coordinate live and taped programming for broadcast
- Maintaining on air operation to include running commercials, network and local programming
- Monitors multiple channels to ensure regulatory compliance and quality signals
- Operate Harris Automation equipment
- Follow FCC monitoring and EAS procedures
- Observing transmitters and taking readings as necessary
- Maintains program logs and reports discrepancies
- Executes, edits, updates and appends playlists
- Acquires content from various distributors
- Studio camera operations
- Should have 2+ years of experience working as a technical director at a commercial television station with extensive experience in the operation of a wide variety of broadcast equipment.
- Computer literacy is mandatory
- Candidate must be detail oriented and able to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Applicant must be able to multi-task
- Must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Must be flexible with work schedules, work week may require weekends and holidays.
- Ability to learn specialized software applications
- Aptitude for operating electronic equipment for broadcast and production requirements
- College Degree in Broadcast Communications or related field preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please visit http://careers.hearsttelevision.com/ to apply. EOE
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer