Posted on 2018-01-05
By WHAM-TV Sinclair Broadcast Group
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
- Supervise overall daily news product.
- Lead daily editorial meetings to insure best coverage choices and execution.
- Supervise the producing staff to assure the accuracy of news content and the quality of the presentation.
- Works closely with reporters to insure story content is accurate, fair, focused and compelling.
- Works closely with reporters and producers to insure coordination of tease/promotional material as well as changing elements of stories in the newscasts.
- Works closely with producers to insure graphic showcasing of stories and brand adherence and execution.
- Works closely with producers, reporters, and anchors to approve scripts.
- Works closely with the assignment desk, producers and reporters in executing breaking news coverage.
- Works closely with news and web staff to insure timely web page and social media posting of news content.
- Communicates newscast direction to news and production staff.
- Supervise the training of new staff members and provide critiques and feedback.
- In the absence of the news director, the executive producer has editorial authority and responsibility for the actions of the news staff.
- When needed write news stories, contact news sources, and produce newscasts.
- Responsible for producer and desk staff schedules.
- Executes special projects including elections, sweeps special reports and news specials.
- Hours: Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m., but must have the flexibility to work additional hours as necessary.
- Knowledge of Broadcast Journalism, ENG, SNG, electronic graphics, social media and newsroom computers, plus the ability to embrace emerging technologies.
- Six years’ professional broadcast experience and a college degree preferred.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Creativity, people skills, and a positive, can-do attitude are also needed.
HOW TO APPLY:
Sinclair Broadcast Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Please apply online by going to: http://sbgi.net/sbgi-careers/
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer