Assignment Editor/Web Producer-KOLR/KOZL (Temporary Position)
Posted on 2018-03-12
The Assignments Editor answers incoming news calls and assigns daily news stories according to the news personnel available. This is a part-time, temporary position.
- Tracks stories from all sources including government agencies, wire services and community groups.
- Dispatches photographers, reporters and other personnel to cover stories.
- Coordinates logistics for news personnel.
- Participates in daily story meetings and supplies a comprehensive list of all possible news stories, and works with the News Director to develop plans for all broadcasts.
- Assists in development, planning and follow-up of all news stories.
- Edits video clips as assigned.
- Writes stories for the web and other eMedia platforms.
- Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- Experience in a news operations.
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Flexibility to work any shift.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
Must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition the Web Producer must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at https://nexstar.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/7765
Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer