Accounting Assistant (Assistant Business Manager)
Posted on 2018-11-30
By WUPE-AM/FM, WBEC-FM, WBEC-AM, WNAW-AM, WSBS AM/FM
Townsquare Media is looking for a qualified assistant to handle a variety of accounting and general office activities by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Processes and reviews account payables, cash receipts, credit applications, trade, accounts receivable and billing activity
- Approves traffic orders on a daily basis
- Assists with month-end closing responsibilities including commission calculations, journal entries postings, balance sheet reconciliations and variance analysis
- Maintains contact with customers and outside vendors
- Audits invoices and researches discrepancies
- Ensures all financial deadlines and due dates are met in a timely manner
- Prepares sales/tax use spreadsheet and files sales tax forms with the state each month or quarter as needed
- Maintains personnel files, ensuring all files are updated properly
- Processes daily and weekly revenue reports for management
- Maximizes office productivity through proficient use of appropriate software applications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BA/BS in Accounting or Finance preferred; 1-2 years accounting experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook; Internet, Accounting and Database software. Great Plains experience is preferred but not required.
HOW TO APPLY:
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
TOWNSQUARE MEDIA BROADCASTING, LLC MAINTAINS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S.
Apply online at http://www.townsquaremedia.com/careers/openings?gh_jid=1432425
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer