Posted on 2019-02-08
By KHON Nexstar Media
KHON2, the Fox/CW/MyNetwork TV affiliate in Honolulu, is looking for a motivated, detail oriented, organized person to fill our Traffic Coordinator position. The Traffic Coordinator tracks and prepares logs for scheduled programming and advertisements, and performs other tasks to support the Sales department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepares daily program log by obtaining information such as source, location and length of program
• Calculates exact length of programs and time slots available for promotional material
• Assigns promotional material to be inserted between programs
• Creates and issues computerized program schedule for the station
• Maintains program logging and other operational procedures
• Coordinates with other departments to solve logistical problems in coordination of on-air promotions for station programming
• Performs clerical functions as needed
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• High School diploma
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Minimum one year’s experience in clerical support or administrative assistance
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Traffic Coordinator must be able to sit, reach, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. The Traffic Coordinator must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment or items weighing up to 25 pounds. In addition, the Traffic Coordinator must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls.
HOW TO APPLY:
KHON2 is a Nexstar Media Group station. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, and offer competitive salaries and wages, and a standard benefit package that includes a 401K plan and medical and dental plans.
To apply for this position, please visit the Work for Us page on our website at www.khon2.com or go to https://broadcastcareers-nexstar.icims.com/jobs/4195/coordinator%2c-traffic/job.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer