Assistant Chief Engineer
Posted on 2020-01-10
By KOLD World Now
KOLD, a CBS affiliate in Tucson Arizona has an opening for an Assistant Chief Engineer/Engineering Supervisor. The ideal candidate must demonstrate the ability to organize, plan, manage, document and execute assignments in an efficient and timely manner. In this role you will be responsible for the oversite of all technology related to this station’s broadcast streams. Candidate will be responsible for maintaining FCC compliance, and assuring quality control of on-air product. This position will involve supervisory roles and will report directly to the Chief Engineer.
• Directly manage and oversee day to day technical operations which include Technical Media Producers, and Maintenance Engineers.
• Work on and maintain a variety of television transmitters to include both IOT and solid state.
• Maintain and troubleshoot microwave and satellite systems.
• Exhibit a good working knowledge of television maintenance and IT systems, as well as FCC requirements.
• Document and maintain engineering and operational policies and procedures as well as follow solid Engineering practices.
• Assist in managing all facilities and related systems such as HVAC, plumbing and electrical system.
5 years of experience in Television Broadcast Operations/Maintenance.
5 years of experience with RF systems.
1 Year experience of managing a team.
Attention to details is imperative.
Ability to work within budgets.
• College Degree, Technical Degree or related military training preferred.
• SBE certifications are preferred.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer