KAIT Engineering Supervisor/Asst. Chief Engineer
Posted on 2020-01-16
By KAIT-TV Raycom Media
KAIT, the dominant television station in the Jonesboro market has a rare opening for an Assistant Chief Engineer. The successful candidate will assist the Chief Engineer with the management and coordination of the Technology Department, and will play a vital role in the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of station technology. This is a great opportunity for a current leader or an experienced engineer looking for a management opportunity.
• Assist the Chief Engineer with the management and coordination of the Technology Department, including but not limited to maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair activities, installation and integration of new equipment, departmental planning, staff scheduling, and updating/creation of system documentation.
• Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair issues with the transmitter and its associated support systems.
• Work towards becoming a subject matter expert on KAIT’s physical and signal plants and its associated technologies.
• Work alongside other department members to maintain, to the highest level possible, the signal quality of the station, and provide technological support to all functions of the station. Ensure that the station is operated in accordance with all applicable regulations and good engineering practices.
• The successful candidate will be required to participate with other department members in on-call duties.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Formal education in and proven experience with electronics theory and troubleshooting are a must.
• Proven track record of exceptional organizational and management skills required.
• The successful candidate will be self-motivated, organized, and detail oriented.
• Have experience with and knowledge of (preferred) or willing to be trained in areas including, but not limited to:
o Digital Audio/Video/Compression theory and troubleshooting
o Basic TCP/IP networking skills
o Cable termination
o Broadcast regulatory compliance
o VHF solid state transmitter troubleshooting and maintenance
• Relevant industry certifications are not required but are a plus.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified applicants apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings. MVR check and drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer